Morocco is a land of unforgiving desert-scapes, immense rocky canyons, towering mountains and swirling river rapids – the perfect playground for a myriad action-fuelled adventures.
Here are ten awesome activities, sure to get your heart beating and adrenalin pumping:
By Alecia Cohen & Holly Meadows
1. Ride dune buggies or dirt bikes across Morocco’s rugged interior terraine.
2. Hot air balloon over the fringes of Marrakech, and watch the sun cast shadows over the desert below.
3. Kite surf, surf or stand-up-paddle off the wet, wild and windy coast of Essaouira – an ancient, walled port town.
4. Camel trek across the Sahara Desert and camp out under the stars in makeshift Bedouin tents.
5. Dune board down the mighty Erg Chebbi, up to 150 metres high, it was formed by wind-swept Saharan sands.
6. River raft through canyons and past waterfalls on the Ahansal and N’fiss Rivers.
7. Rock climb up Todra Gorge, a mighty canyon where more than 150 routes rated French Grade 5+ to 8, have been bolted into the rock face.
8. Zipline across the Atlas Mountains at Terres d’Amanar’s famous 700-foot gorge, or, walk the suspension and tight-rope bridges.
9. Mountain bike off-road through the High Atlas Mountains or traverse the peaks and valleys of the Toukbal National Park, down to the Sahara.
10. Ski off Jebel Toukbal, North Africa’s highest peak, or nearby on the pistes of Morocco’s ski resort, Oukaimeden.